ArcGIS > ArcGIS 8.x / 9.x Core Software

merge data

<< < (2/3) > >>

kind_aichico:
Hi,
Thanks to MyGis.

i was tried using AreaonAreaOverlay and takes a long time. hehehe.. . It was successfully and the attributes was merge. But, the problem is the geometry of the attribute will change also because it not really overlay and have gap between 2-5 cm. So, the gap will become new record. How i can solve the problem. It is i need to shift the one layer to make sure it will matching with each other.

Thanks.

MyGIS:
Simple, you can use the attribute filter and get rid of the empty records or those you don't need.

BTW, this is more like a Spatial attribution rather than a data merging ... can I change the title of the thread?  ;D

kind_aichico:
Hi,

I have use the attribute filter and it is relevant with my problem.. hehe.. I think this thread is more to spatial attribute. hehehe.. How to merge again (attribute and geometry) the data that become new record. I suggest you need to open FME section. hehehe..

Thanks.

MyGIS:

--- Quote ---How to merge again (attribute and geometry) the data that become new record
--- End quote ---

Sorry lah, saya tak faham !

--- Quote from: kind_aichico on February 13, 2009, 11:06:25 PM --- I suggest you need to open FME section. hehehe..

--- End quote ---

Kalau awak nak jaga boleh lah!

;D

kind_aichico:
Hi,

Okeh, when you using AreaOnArea Overlay Transformer, new record with the same attributes will be retrieve.For example,  if layer landparcel have no_lot with id 1234 and when use the transformer, it will be become 3 new record because it overlay on 3 different boundary in zoning. Means, first record  is 1234, then second with different geometry but same attribute 1234, and same with third record. The geometry of land parcel will change depend on ovlay with zoning layer.

It is difficult to me to explain. Maybe we can PM personally.

If i can, maybe i can help you because i am not expertize in FME. hehe..

Thanks..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version